Get Safer and Slip-Free Floors in Jacksonville, Florida
Dramatic Slip-and-Fall Statistics
- Over 540,000 slip=fall injuries requiring hospital care, occur in North American each year, The next victim could be you.
- Slip and falls account for over 300,000 disabling injuries per year in North America. One in three serious bone breaks for seniors result in death within one year of the accident.
- Slips and falls account for over 20,000 fatalities per year in North America - i.e. 55 persons per day. It is the second leading cause of accidental death and disability after automobile accidents. Slips and falls kill more workers than other combined forms of workplace accidents.
- Slips and falls are the number one cause of accidents in Hotels, Restaurants and Public Buildings, of which 70% occur on flat and level surfaces.
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of death in the workplace and the source of more than 20% of all disabling injuries.
- Slip-fall accidents account for 30% of all reported injuries.
- Two out of three fall deaths occur in the home and our elderly are primary victims. Approximately 66% of injury cases for people 65 years or older were a result of a fall, and over 75% of slip-fall deaths occur to people 65 years of age or older.
- 55% of people over 40 years have sustained at least one debilitating injury due to a slip and fall accident
- There are estimated to be 8 million slip-fall accidents per year in North America. Falls make up nearly half of ALL home accidents.
- There are estimated to be 104 million lost workdays per year - i.e. 65% of all lost man-hours. That equates to more than 4,000 lifetimes.
- There are social burdens related to this problem, including Worker's Compensation claims - i.e. 40% of all accident claims paid out. Worker's Compensation and Liability Insurance Rates are increasing on the average of 30% per year.
- The focus should be on prevention, not compensation.
- In the home, the bathroom and kitchen account for a staggering number of slip and fall injuries, making the total expense resulting from Slip-fall injuries a $36 BILLION a year problem in North America.
Contact us at (904) 999-4740 in Jacksonville, Florida today and get the no-slip floors you deserve.